Saturday, May 20, 2006

May 20th, 2006

I love long weekends. And I love being married to Owen! Today is our 6th wedding anniversary, a deliciously rainy day which reminded us of our years at the coast. Not just a little rain, but a thick persistent flood from above. Somehow it feels good, familiar, and verdant. To celebrate today, we piled the kids into Beluga, found a few die hard garage sales, bought the best doughnuts Kelowna can offer and headed to Kalimor park on the lake. Thanks to the rain, it was all ours to enjoy. As I fed Olivia, I watched Owen playing with the boys, who were running and jumping in puddles knee deep. It was one of those perfect moments I wish I could package up. Simmy summoning everyone to watch, counting to three, then giving it all he had to smash that puddle to the moon, if it were out. Judah would then babble off something along the same lines as his brother, and would follow in too. I love the absolute freedom kids have to play, and how they inspire grown men to join in too. And I love being married to someone who isn't afraid to get muddy...

No comments: